Green Tree Foot Golf
What is Foot Golf?
Foot Golf is now open at the Green Tree Golf Course! Golf meets Soccer in this exciting new sport. The new sport is fun, easy to play, and something all ages can enjoy. Foot Golf originated in the Netherlands and has spread over 16 countries throughout the world. Similar to Golf, rules and etiquette remain the same. For game play, the players’ intent is to kick a ball into the hole with the least amount of strokes possible.
Foot Golf uses the basic model of Golf, with a tee box, greens, bunkers, hazards, and 18 holes of play. Also, there is par for every hole, mimicking Golf scorecard’s, and can play up to a foursome.
The main difference is the cups, which are 21 inches in diameter (so it is easier to putt the soccer ball into the hole). The holes are integrated onto the course, and the yardage of the holes is smaller. The sport is governed by the Federation for International Golf and Foot Golf.
Foot Golf Tee Times
At Green Tree Golf Course, Tee times for Foot Golf can be booked up to 7 days in advance. Starting times for Foot Golf are Monday – Sunday after 1:00 pm
Foot Golf Rates
- $6.00 – 18 Holes Walking Rate (Weekend)
- $4.00 – 18 Holes Walking Rate (Weekday)
- $10.00 Cart Rental Fee
Foot Golf Rules
- Wear appropriate clothing – Foot Golf apparel (golf cap, collared shirt, and argyle socks) or Soccer apparel are preferred. Indoor Soccer shoes/cleats, turf Soccer shoes, or running shoes are preferred. NO soccer cleats allowed.
- Your ball must be easily to identify
- Review the score card and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other player
- Kick your ball from a position up to two yards behind the tee marker.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before each kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind.
- Play the ball where it lies: you are not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: you may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other player’s kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- The order of play is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will kick off first on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the entered the hazard not closer to the hole. Add a one stroke penalty or you may play from the previous position and add a one stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds markers are indicated with white stakes. Place the ball within 2 steps from where the ball crossed between the white stakes and add a one stroke penalty.
- The Pace of Play Standard for Golfers and Foot Golfers is 2 hours and 15 minutes. Please make sure to keep up with the group in front of you. Groups falling behind our pace of play standard will be moved forward to recapture their position on the course.
- No personal or outside food or beverage is allowed.
- Please respect the golfers.